ABOUT THE JOB
DanelecConnect is a newly developed IoT platform for the Maritime industry. With our solution, vessel owners gain instantaneous access to critical vessel operational data from shore. This facilitates fast issue identification, monitoring of key performance indicators, and analysis of diverse parameters with integrated third-party data analytics. We are ready to take the solution to the next level, and we need you to help us scale the solution.
In your daily work, you will become a member of a dedicated team of 10 experienced software developers, all focused on cloud solutions. We are looking for a new colleague with the right mindset and a passion for technology, who is eager to learn and willing to share findings with the rest of the team, and who possesses a positive and proactive mindset.
We envision that you are motivated by:
• Coding in C# .NET, Vue.js, and similar technologies.
• Working with Microsoft Azure Cloud technologies to develop cloud-based solutions.
• Crafting prototypes with new technology and demonstrating what is achievable.
• Collaborating closely with other teams in the R&D department, Product Management, Sales, and Support to define and understand requirements for new projects.
• Strong practical knowledge of C# .NET.
• Strong expertise in the .NET ecosystem, including tools, libraries, and frameworks.
• Experience with Azure cloud architecture and administration (databases, storage, IoT hub, Event Hub, App Service, App Functions, etc.).
• Strong knowledge of databases, including SQL and CosmosDB.
• Expertise with software design principles: OOD, TDD, design patterns.
• Strong communication skills to bridge the gap between R&D and Business.
• Naturally take on the responsibility to help build a plan and ensure timely delivery.
You have 5+ years of experience and preferably a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software Engineering or an equivalent qualification, along with the ability to speak and write English at a professional level.
We offer you plenty of opportunities for professional growth, working alongside specialists to enhance your technical skills and knowledge.
Perhaps you have some knowledge in the following areas:
• Experience in building and working with microservices architecture.
• Familiarity with modern JS/TS front-end frameworks.
• Experience with unit testing and knowledge of planning and CI tools (Azure DevOps).
• Familiarity with Scrum and finding the right balance between Scrum and the best working practices.
Danelec designs, develops, and manufactures hardware and software products and services – and offers solid, safe and simple technical service solutions for the maritime industry.
Danelec was one of the first companies to bring VDRs and Simplified VDRs (so-called black boxes) to the market to meet the original IMO transport requirements. With the increased focus on the green transition in recent years, Danelec is also looking into how we contribute to a greener maritime industry, e.g. through our product ShaPoLi, but not least also through data collection.
Danelec has more than 20 years of knowledge and expertise in maritime data technology and has more than quintupled its revenue over the past ten years.
We are a little more than 100 employees in total – and still growing. The head office in Denmark is located in Farum a little north of Copenhagen. Around 40 employees sit here on a daily basis. In addition, we have an office in Norway with approx. 35 employees and finally we have employees spread across other locations in Denmark including Aalborg and Esbjerg, and also around the world in e.g. Singapore, China, Greece, Poland and Ukraine.