Are you one of the new Developers?
The company is “Great place to work” certified – many years in a row
We are looking for skilled software engineers to join the agile development teams, to work on the ERP Software-as-a-Service solution. The platform powers many of the largest fitness- and health club operators in the world and they handle more than 1600 clubs and over 6 million members across 4 continents. Some of the clients are: SATS, Fitness World, Pure Gym, Good Life, Lifetime Fitness – just to mention a few.
As a developer you will work closely with your Scrum team to deliver software to customers and leads. By joining the team, you will be focusing on enhancing features related to member management, products and subscriptions, as well as building up the point-of-sale features and making POS hardware integrations with their core platform. The solution is very much centered around API’s and integrate to many third-party systems, inhouse as well as external.
About the company
They are on a mission to make the world healthier & happier by shaping the fitness industry. Their primary ERP platform helps their customer handle all aspects and business processes fitness operators need. It´s everything from members being able to sign up for team training, making a booking for a personal trainer to handling electronic payments and integration with payment solution providers. Futhermore, they have solutions for reporting and data analysis and mobile apps for both employees and their members. It´s a Global company, and in addition to the HQ in Copenhagen, they also have offices in West Palm Beach, Florida and in Sydney, Australia.
• Has a solid foundation as a Java developer
• Has 4+ years of experience as a developer in general
• Cares about writing beautiful and well-structured, correct and testable code
• Knowledge in DevOps using Docker, Terraform and Kubernetes is a plus
• Wants to make a difference to the clients
• Enjoys taking time to sit down and solve hard problems
• Works well with others
• Has good communication skills, including a strong command of the English language
While not required, knowledge of user interface design, test-driven development/BDD, technical writing, product requirements, and/or operations are an advantage. Don’t worry if you don’t know it all right now; you will have the opportunity to pick it up later.
About the stack
Below you can read about the technologies they use. Of course, a lot more is going on inside the engine room, but this is some of the major highlights:
• Back-end tech: Java EE (EJB3, JPA, JMS, etc.), JBoss/Wildfly, Apache gateway, Oracle/PostgreSQL, SOAP and REST APIs for integrations and apps
• Front-end: Java client built with SWT
• Continuous Integration: Jenkins pipeline build
• Deployment and hosting: Amazon Web Services
• It is an industry-leading, international company with a team of talented and easy-going professionals who thrive in a supportive, diverse culture of trust and mutual respect
• As industry leaders, they take pride in sharing expertise and knowledge within the sector and they value being generous – with time, intelligence, and knowledge
• Like a great trainer, they combine technical expertise and know-how, world-class experience, innovation, and a burning desire to bring out the best in people
• The success of the company comes from blending traditional Nordic values like hard work, trust and not taking themselves too seriously, with razor-sharp professionalism, deep specialist knowledge and hard-earned experience. They believe that to work with the best, you must be the best. This means that they never stop to learn and improve what they do – and how they do it
• They provide the best tools and the right space for the specialists to work efficiently and expertly. Whether it’s a chat by the coffee machine or a transatlantic brainstorm in video conference rooms, they work with passion, energy, and style
• 20% of your time, you will be spent to develop yourself professionally