Site Reliability Engineer for maritime IOT solutions
You’ll be joining a small SRE team who’s responsible for making sure that our customer facing infrastructure is available to our customers with a certain degree of reliability. Our strategy is cloud first with a focus on serverless and containerization and to limit technical debt. You’ll be developing software systems and automated solutions to support the ongoing operation.
ABOUT THE JOB
We count on our Site reliability engineers to ensure the stability and high availability of our systems while working closely with our developers. We are looking for someone who’s first and foremost a team player and one who knows a bit of every piece of the stack, from server hardware, networking, cloud technologies and software development practices.
• Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
• Improve reliability, quality, and time to market by increasing our level of automation
• Improve our monitoring built on tools from the Grafana observability stack
• Measure and optimize system performance
• Provide operational support and engineering for our cloud and on-premises applications
You are either newly graduated with an interest in the SRE space, a backend developer who’s been tinkering with operations with software engineer principles or you’re a DevOps engineer with a strong passion for working with infrastructure.
You possess excellent communication skills, a natural curiosity for the unknown, the capacity to work independently, and a genuine passion for learning new things.
• Linux and Windows
• Python or other dynamic languages
• Prometheus and Grafana observability stack
• Azure Cloud
• Azure DevOps (incl. pipelines)
• Infrastructure as code (Ansible, ARM, Bicep etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science or related discipline
• Ability to program in Python or a higher-level language such as C#. You know how to apply CI/CD techniques to your codebase
• Previous record of having maintained on-premises or cloud-based infrastructure
• Fluent in written and spoken English
You will be working from our office in Farum, Denmark.
Danelec designs, develops, and manufactures hardware and software products and services – and offers solid, safe and simple technical service solutions for the maritime industry.
Danelec was one of the first companies to bring VDRs and Simplified VDRs (so-called black boxes) to the market to meet the original IMO transport requirements. With the increased focus on the green transition in recent years, Danelec is also looking into how we contribute to a greener maritime industry, e.g. through our product ShaPoLi, but not least also through data collection.
Danelec has more than 20 years of knowledge and expertise in maritime data technology and has more than quintupled its revenue over the past ten years.
We are a little more than 100 employees in total – and still growing. The head office in Denmark is located in Farum a little north of Copenhagen. Around 40 employees sit here on a daily basis. In addition, we have an office in Norway with approx. 35 employees and finally we have employees spread across other locations in Denmark including Aalborg and Esbjerg, and also around the world in e.g. Singapore, China, Greece, Poland and Ukraine.