Linux Server Administrator – Freelance
The candidate will also be required to collaborate with other team members to perform routine system maintenance, resolving out of hours emergencies when required, review and report errors, and deploy changes throughout the system.
Roles and responsibilities
• Proactively maintain and develop all Linux infrastructure technology to maintain a 24/7 uptime service
• Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
• Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
• Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
• Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
• Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware
• Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
• Previous working experience as a Linux Administrator
• In-depth knowledge of Linux, particularly Ubuntu.
• Prior experience with AWS or a similar ecosystem
• Hands on experience with MySQL and/or MariaDB · Expert in Shell scripting
• Solid knowledge of basic internet technologies (Routing, DNS, etc.)
• Strong problem solving and communication skills
The role is 100% remote.
This role is as a contractor, part time – 3 days a week as a start, with the possibility of a full-time and a permanent position, if wanted.